Nationally recognized presenter, writer and licensed attorney, Mary Vandenack focuses her practice in the areas of Tax, Business, Estate and Succession Planning.
As a founding and managing member, CEO of Vandenack Weaver, LLC in Omaha, Nebraska, Mary is a member of the American Bar Association Real Property Trust and Estate section where she serves on the Planning Committee and on the Council. She is also active in the American Bar Association Law Practice Division where she serves as Secretary on the Executive Council, is Vice Chair of Law Practice Magazine, and is a member of the Attorney Wellbeing committee. Mary is also a consultant to Trucendent Home and Interactive Legal.
Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Mary was chosen as one of America’s Best Lawyers in Trusts & Estates in 2019. She received the 2015 James I. Keane Memorial Award and was named to the ABA Legal Tech Resource Center 2018 Distinguished Women of Legal Tech.
Mary is a frequent contributor to ACTEC Law Journal, Trusts and Estates, Law Practice, Leimberg Services (LISI) and metroMAGAZINE and has recently authored, edited, and updated book chapters on Trusts for Asset Protection Planning and Trusts in Divorce After the New Tax Act.
- J.D. magna cum laude, Creighton University School of Law, 1992
- Editor-in-Chief, Creighton Law Review
- Best Oral Advocate, Domestic Moot Court
- B.A. in Business and Accounting, summa cum laude, College of St. Mary, 1990
- Certificate of Positive Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
- Master Track Certification Social Work, University of Michigan
- Accredited Estate Planner® (Distinguished) Nominee
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION INVOLVEMENT
- American College of Trust and Estate Council
- American Bar Association Foundation Fellow
- American Bar Association Law Practice Division Executive Council
- ABA SCOTIS
- ABA Real Property and Trust Section – Planning Committee, Council
- ABA Law Practice Incoming Secretary with commitment to wellness, diversity, and collaboration; Attorney Wellbeing Committee; Women Rainmakers; Vice Chair on Attorney Wellbeing, Division Secretary Law Practice magazine
- ABA Standing Committee on Technology and Information Systems
- American Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Medical Group Management
- Michigan Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation Lifetime Fellow
- Nebraska State Bar Association Legislative Committee
- Omaha Bar Association
- Omaha Estate Planning Council
CURRENT COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Women Investing in Nebraska
- Boystown Fundraising Board of Directors
- Creighton University Law School Advisory Board
- TABS board
- Women President’s Organization
- American Heart Association
- Omaha Food Bank
- Open Door Mission
HONORS & AWARDS
- “Women in Business” – Midlands Business Journal – November 22, 2022
- Nebraska State Bar Association Lifetime Fellow 2022
- Marquis Who’s Who Top Lawyers March 2022
- Inducted into the Prestigious Marquis Who’s Who Biographical Registry February 2022
- “Women Who Rock” – Midlands Business Journal – October 8, 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence 2020-2021
- Recognized by Best Lawyers 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected for recognition in the 2019 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for work in Trusts and Estates.
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®, February 2019
- American Institute of Legal Counsel’s 10 Best in Nebraska for Client Satisfaction, Estate Planning Division, December 2018
- ABA LTRC Distinguished Women of Legal Tech 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America 2018 – Omaha Magazine, March/April 2018
- SmallLaw’s Pick of the Week Award for the article, “The Impact of Tax Reform On Law Firms”, July 2018
- Lawyers of Executive Distinction – Taxation – Lawyers of Distinction, June 2017
- Lawyers of Executive Distinction – Trusts & Estates – Lawyers of Distinction, June 2017
- College of Law Practice Management – Inducted 2017
- Very Inspirational People, metroMAGAZINE, Summer 2017
- 2017 Top Rated Lawyers, National Law Journal, March 2017
- 2017 Women Leaders in the Law, Corporate Counsel Magazine, March 2017.
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- American Bar Foundation Lifetime Fellow 2016
- Nebraska Cancer Coalition Partnership Award 2016.
- Featured in Fortune Magazine “Women in Law,” September 15, 2015 Fortune Magazine.
- James Keane Memorial Award March 2015 presented by American Bar Association Law Practice Division for innovation in technology in the practice of law.
- Featured in: “You Know What They Say: If You Want Something Done, Ask a Busy Person,” Interview with Omaha Daily Record, September 5, 2014.
- Best Dressed, Strictly Business Magazine, 2008